29 July 2010

Days in Cambridge

On 15th of May I returned to Canada to a new home - a house in Cambridge, a little town connected to K-W by iXpress bus. There is a Faculty of Architecture of UW, a nice surrounding, but generally the town is quite small, not providing much opportunities what to do. With my great housemates Monika (CZ), Peter (CA) and Nils (FR) we shared a lovely big house in Beverly street. I was very tired from our 3 weeks travelling and spend the following days in resting mode. There were amazing barbecue and czech dinner evenings which we managed to organize with my flatmates. I really enjoyed those days we spent together talking with beers :) All the time it was sunny warm summer weather. Now it seems to me it was more than just one short week...
I got an old bike to move around and even I went for a little trip to Chicopee, where I hadn't been before. I started also creating an idea for the last week; I had some spare days before my departure and I wanted to discover another place in CA or around. One day I found tickets to Saint John in New Brunswick for quite reasonable price. But before I decided, the ticket to go there got quite expensive, so my final plan looked like: To New Brunswick by bus through Quebec and to fly back. I read some articles about NB and about travelling there; it was said that hitch-hiking works there the best in whole Canada. I was about to prove it!


CA16 Cambridge May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment